CELEBRATING HIS SALVATION

"Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy, and gathered out of the lands, from the east and from the west, from the north and from south." - Psalm 107:2-3


At a time like this when we have best moments and the world celebrates achievements from different walks of life, I am strongly inspired this day to celebrate the gift of salvation, I do not think that there is anything greater than this that can happen to a man; the greatest event that ever happened to mankind was the resurrection of Christ, but the greatest thing that will happen to a man personally is encountering and receiving the Lord as his personal saviour.


I didn't give my life to Christ on this day, but I just have to celebrate what has become of a person condemned to death. If by any chance there be something good, divine or something called grace, it is all because Christ is living inside of me, if by any chance I know the meaning of redemption, it is definitely because Jesus redeemed me.


It is possible to attain a degree of moral uprightness without Christ, but what is my morality when the end is destruction? No other person would have offered a new life in exchange of the old - I am not trying to be poetic in this regard, all the things stated are undeniable facts that have been seen and handled. Salvation is my greatest asset, and the life of Christ is the dividend.


I need you to know that even though it seems you have accepted Jesus, it was never your initiative, He took the initiative when He went on the cross, the option you would have had was death and death, but He gave us life and death - you chose life because He offered it, if it was not offered, your choice would have been wrong - today, let us celebrate the Author and Finisher of our faith, let us consider what He has done to us and for us. Let us see the prize of salvation and celebrate the life we have received.


SO FAR
"who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy." - 1Pet 2:10


The above scripture says that; 'we who were not a people are now the people of God', that statement is deep, not a people implies that there was no dignity in us, we couldn't even have an identity, we didn't even belong to any class, we were not just a people. A man without Christ is just an entity breezing the length and breath of the earth; but when His salvation reached us through mercy - we became a people of God - so awesome.


I can't say for sure the distance I was from God before He found me, but the nearest my mind could fathom is the distance between life and death, and that to me is very wide - but something brought me close and that was love, when love is in place, mercy and all goodness are activated to a person. So far that even though we could be church goers we didn't know Him. The distance that was there was not a sanctuary distance but a life apart from God.


So far that even though I was right by morality, I was still very far from Him - the more I do works, the more it made me far. We must realise that before we received Jesus - we were very far and only love could have made us become close. We are not far because we chose to, in fact I realise that most people want to be close to God - but the nature we were born with goes contrary to the ways of Christ.

"And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him." - Luke 15:12


Please note that the prodigal son wanted to come, in fact, the above scripture said he came to the father, but when he was still a great way off. He was coming yet he was off, he came to the father yet he was a great way off - we are so far even when we make effort - but see what compassion has done, see how the father came to us and kissed us and brought us home. This Salvation is not a small deal.


The scriptures says in John chapter 6 verse 44, that no one can come except He draws them near - and by this very singular act I recognise the depth of His love, that I would still be lost if He had not drawn me near. I relish the closeness and I want it just to be closer still.
Friend, you may have drawn close before and have started experiencing the sweet relationship - but you have allowed the devil come in between, every distance between you and God will not be of any benefit to you. Long to be closer.


GRACE
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." - Eph 2:8-9


I think this grace that saves us even when we do not deserve it, is one of the greatest thing that man can enjoy...this grace brought salvation, this grace makes us grow, this grace is received to an unlimited measure - grace has caused us to be co-heirs with Christ and this grace that saves is sufficient for all who desire to stay in the power of grace.


I cannot boast on what I do not possess, but I can rejoice in what grace has done for me, if you do not recognise grace as what it is, you will never appreciate its work in you and you will be starved for its numerous blessings. When a man recognises the effect of grace - his prayers will be for more grace.


As regards salvation, when grace found us, we do not become lawless but we become more righteous. Grace is a booster for the man that has a destiny to fulfil, if I was still in the world --- I would need more than grace to get to heights of futility and vanity. But what grace does is to put me in the kingdom and make me pursue the things which the Lord would want me to pursue as destiny.


"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." - Heb 4:16


The Lord sits on a throne called grace, and if it is grace that I need, I can come boldly and not be afraid, a man who needs His grace can also obtain His mercy. As we journey through this earth, grace will be the factor to how much we experience His power. The scripture says that of His fullness we have received grace for grace. His grace cannot be exhausted and it will be wise to enjoy it.


While some have abused the grace of God and made that grace in vain - some have plunged their lives into the depth of His grace. When a man is abusive of grace, he doesn't progress and he only draws wrath closer. Moses found grace in the sight of God, he was able to experience God like no other - and now that Jesus is revealed, we have an opportunity to walk in a greater grace.


And though it looked like we can't pull off this righteousness in a perverse generation, I hear 'my grace is sufficient for you'; in the midst of the turmoil and stress - the grace is made available because He needs us to depend on this free gift of grace.


WORKING IT OUT & PRESSING ON
"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" - Phil 2:12


I know the measure of mercy shown me, I understand the depth of His grace that I work in, why would I allow anything obstruct this work of the Father in me? I am not a finished product yet but I am determined to continue to be a work in progress, as I like what I have become, I love what I am becoming - therefore, when it is in my will to permit His working, I give all myself away for grace to continue growing.


We must stand fast in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, we must resist the devil vehemently, this salvation is a gift that the devil wants to steal from us, it is not that this devil needs this my salvation for himself, but because he needs partners in his misery, you and I must take responsibility for this our salvation that we have received, we must guard it with all diligence, we should never be ignorant of the devices of the enemy - we must not give him a foothold...this salvation must continue to work.


The devil is working for you to lose your salvation, you too must work on your salvation, don't be satisfied just because you responded to an altar call, you need to go beyond the altar and enter behind the torn veil into the holy of holies. That is working it out, it is a powerful thing that this salvation entails and we must not take it for granted.


"Then He said to them all, 'If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me." - Luke 9:23


Let the man who has received mercy take up a cross as an emblem of His faith, let Him experience the fellowship of His sufferings and move joyfully onward to the prize that is laid up for Him. It is in this cross that the glory is mainly manifested in the life of the believer and we all must take responsibility in this matter. O Christian, where is your cross of suffering, where is your emblem - if you don't have it, then what are you using your grace to overcome. Take up your cross.


Apostle Paul said one thing he does, is that, he forgets the past and press on to the mark of the upward call. We too must also make this our task, we must strive as much as His grace permits us. The task for us to work is laid on the foundation of grace and surely we can do all things through Christ.


This salvation we have, should be the greatest of our treasures, we must value it more than whatever may appear, even more than our partners and siblings. In case I haven't spelt it enough, our salvation is Jesus, and Jesus is our salvation - what more can be greater than Him. We must be willing to sell all we have to keep this salvation we have (Matt 13:44). He is indeed our exceedingly great reward.


CONCLUSION:
Redemption is a big deal and the redeemed should look back on what would have been if this salvation is not there and if He recognises the work of grace, he must consciously guard it as much as grace permits.


God bless you and I love you.
Akinsuroju Femi
© The Fundamentals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HARVEST

THE MINISTER'S WIFE

COSTLY ERRORS