HE IS COMING QUICKLY
"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work." - Rev 22:12
I didn't see a vision of the rapture, I wasn't in a trance either - I don't need to see any vision to realise the reality of His second coming. The Holy Spirit reminds me of the blessed promise of His coming, the Holy Spirit helps me to recognise the temporality of this world and equally gives me a longing for the coming of our Lord Jesus.
'Quickly' to me in the opening scripture, appear as something very soon - but how do we define soon to a God who cannot be measured by time? How do we define urgency to the God who is never late and always on time? I believe that a lifetime waiting for His coming is not enough compared to the bliss of what He is coming for. He is coming back is as urgent to the wise and far to the fools. Do not say in your heart that you have waited all your life, centuries and millenniums cannot restrict God of His timing.
I am concern that the topic of Christ's coming is far fading from pulpits, we are becoming very comfortable in the land where we should be sojourning, I know we are to dominate the earth, but if dominating doesn't prepare us for His coming, then we are of all men most miserable. We can't just have hope in this life, there is a life after now! If I believe all other things of the scripture and have proved them overtime, I believe the matter of His coming also.
I love the Lord's appearing and I wish you will love it too; every fellowship we have, every inspiration we get; should make us want to long for His coming the more. It doesn't matter the exploits of the earth, if it doesn't stir up a longing for His appearance, I am afraid you may not be ready for His coming. Jesus is coming, the reality of it can make me scream on the rooftops, I can say it anywhere, He is never late...He will surely come, even if I die waiting... I know I am blessed. Wait with me for His coming dear friend, I beseech you.
STILL PREPARING THE PLACE?
"In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." - John 14:2-3
How long will it take for the place to be ready? You said there are mansions there already, John the beloved gave us a description of the place too, John said the streets are made of gold and the glory of God is the light there - even the way, You have told us that You are the way, the truth and the life. Then what is holding this place from being ready?
I may not be able to answer the above questions to those who are not born again, but my heart tells me first, that heaven is indeed ready for those who are ready... I also believe that the level of our walk with God here is a very unique indicator to whether heaven is ready to accommodate us. If we allow Him work in us and through us, we are being prepared for the place. I therefore, know that when He says, He goes to prepare a place for us - I know for sure, He wants to prepare us for the place. Only the wise will understand.
God is in heaven now, the seraphs and cherubs are there with Him and it is conducive. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and this should tell us something. Don't have the picture that heaven is undergoing construction - No!. He who made all things to be by the word of His power will not be looking for engineers to help Him build our abode over there. He is going to prepare a place appears to me, as a couple who is expecting a baby, they have a home already, they may just be putting things in place to receive the baby.
What then is this preparation?
Jesus said to her, 'Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father, and to My God and your God.'" - John 20:17
The preparation to me was definitely the sufferings, the preparation was the Lamb being taken to the slaughter, the place He has gone to prepare was mainly to reveal the Lamb who was already slain from the beginning of the world (Rev 13:8). He has gone to prepare a place for us and the place is made ready because our sins have been remitted by the shedding of His precious blood.
Do not let anyone teach you what does not exist in the scriptures, not because they intend to do so; but mostly because they do not know. He has prepared the place, and the place is ready - that is why the thief crucified by His side was assured of Paradise because the place is ready.
Nothing is really delaying other than you believing in the Lamb who is already slain. The Lord is not slack concerning His promises as He doesn't want you to perish; those who are waiting for His coming should stop thinking that it is a construction work that is delaying the second coming of our Lord; that would be undermining the majesty of this great God, that would even becloud your vision of that heavenly home, and what you cannot see, you may not long for. Heaven is ready!
WHO IS EXPECTING?
"and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately." - Luke 12:36
"But if that servant says in his heart, 'My master is delaying his coming,' and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk." - Luke 12:45
To believe in His second coming is always to be expectant, and expectation brings about preparation; a person who is expecting our Lord will make sure his or her garments is ready and that there is no stain of iniquity in his or her garment. Such a person does the things that the master has commanded and always willing to be ready. The truth of the matter is that, the person who is expecting the Master does not really do it out of fear, but do so because there is a reward that comes to that faithful servant.
It is only the unfaithful that are not expecting Jesus, it is only carnal men that have plans beyond the second coming of Christ... It is not a lack of ambition that makes us expect Jesus as some would think, as there is no greater ambition than that which longs to dwell in heaven, to behold the beauty of our Lord, and to fellowship at His feet, to bow, to worship, to be awe-struck by His majesty. There is no higher calling.
If only in this life, you seek a legacy, if only in this life all your toils are for; you are indeed of all men most miserable. The truth is, I cannot transfer this Holy passion of His coming to you, as it is solely a blessing of the Holy Spirit, who has warmed my heart with the glimpse of His appearing - but I can only write these words, to stir up your heart, and to motivate you to seek this blessedness from the Holy Spirit. What He does for one, He will do for all who desire.
"so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation." - Heb 9:28
If only for those who are waiting, the Lord will surely come, if there are those who eagerly wait for Him a second time, He will show up to them. Let it be stated clearly that, whether we wait or not, it is sure that the Lord will appear; but it is a blessing to that man who is expectant. The matter of His coming cannot be left to coincidence or fate - it is our responsibility to decide whether we are waiting or not.
Apostle Paul talked about those who love His appearing, there are those who want Christ to wait and delay His appearing and there are those who are eager for His appearing. My ambition is too little and will count for nothing when He comes. I don't know the class you belong to, I cannot choose for you - but I am sure that Christ wants us all to be eager for His appearing. If we wait, our lives will not be on hold here, but we will just not become unnecessarily satisfied with this earth of vanity.
To be expectant is to be on the narrow way, to be expectant is to be separate from the world, as we are waiting and on the way, we have all in this life here; as He Himself has given us all things that pertains to life and godliness. Will you not decide to wait with me?
THOSE WHO COULDN'T WAIT
"But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope." - 1Thess 4:13
"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep." - 1Thess 4:15
Maybe some people have stopped believing in the second coming of Jesus because their parents died while waiting, it has been a long time since they started talking about His second coming and He has not come and those who waited then have died. Please, do not be ignorant about this matter, death is not the final. Those who have slept in the Lord are still waiting for the trumpet to sound.
Death is too little to stand as an hindrance to those who wait for the second coming of our Lord. Those who have fallen asleep will also experience the rapture, we will all be caught up in the air. Where do the dead go now? May its the question that comes to mind - and that may be a topic for another day, but let it be clear now; that to inherit the incorruptible body, everyone who has waited will be caught up the sky even the grave will give up the dead.
One very important thing of note is that, no one can decide to wait while he is already dead, the dead cannot make a decision, in fact, the dead knows nothing; and you must know that. It is while you are alive that you can decide to wait - such a decision cannot be made when a man is dead. Those who didn't wait, have tied their fate to doom already, and those who waited and slept, are still waiting for a new body.
"So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: 'Death is swallowed up in victory.'" - 1Cor 15:54
Those who wait are waiting to be changed into the incorruptible, no longer will our flesh struggle with cravings of the flesh - it will be a total victory over the power of the flesh. We will put on the new body, and this is one of the reason why we wait. Death is no barrier to that Christian who has decided to wait for the appearing of the Lord.
Do not have regret for that Christian who have slept, do not sorrow for that pastor who is no more, lest you sorrow as those without hope....there is a hope for those who have slept in the Lord. For some people lose hope when their breadwinner or loved ones die, weeping, they may not have another to look unto, but the believer shouldn't lose hope. God will always be with those who are dependent on Him in this life and even in death; for nothing can separate us from the love of Christ.
I have not forgotten that this is about His coming, but if there be any consolation or wisdom to those who are still here, who may think that all hope is lost for that Christian who is gone - then ignite your hope. The dead in Christ shall rise to be with the Lord.
CONCLUSION:
Quickly He will come, to take us to the place He has been preparing us fo, that matter has been settled since. His death, crucifixion and ascension has prepared the place for those who are eagerly waiting. Those who waited and slept are also not left out.
God bless you and I love you
Akinsuroju Femi
© The Fundamentals
I didn't see a vision of the rapture, I wasn't in a trance either - I don't need to see any vision to realise the reality of His second coming. The Holy Spirit reminds me of the blessed promise of His coming, the Holy Spirit helps me to recognise the temporality of this world and equally gives me a longing for the coming of our Lord Jesus.
'Quickly' to me in the opening scripture, appear as something very soon - but how do we define soon to a God who cannot be measured by time? How do we define urgency to the God who is never late and always on time? I believe that a lifetime waiting for His coming is not enough compared to the bliss of what He is coming for. He is coming back is as urgent to the wise and far to the fools. Do not say in your heart that you have waited all your life, centuries and millenniums cannot restrict God of His timing.
I am concern that the topic of Christ's coming is far fading from pulpits, we are becoming very comfortable in the land where we should be sojourning, I know we are to dominate the earth, but if dominating doesn't prepare us for His coming, then we are of all men most miserable. We can't just have hope in this life, there is a life after now! If I believe all other things of the scripture and have proved them overtime, I believe the matter of His coming also.
I love the Lord's appearing and I wish you will love it too; every fellowship we have, every inspiration we get; should make us want to long for His coming the more. It doesn't matter the exploits of the earth, if it doesn't stir up a longing for His appearance, I am afraid you may not be ready for His coming. Jesus is coming, the reality of it can make me scream on the rooftops, I can say it anywhere, He is never late...He will surely come, even if I die waiting... I know I am blessed. Wait with me for His coming dear friend, I beseech you.
STILL PREPARING THE PLACE?
"In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." - John 14:2-3
How long will it take for the place to be ready? You said there are mansions there already, John the beloved gave us a description of the place too, John said the streets are made of gold and the glory of God is the light there - even the way, You have told us that You are the way, the truth and the life. Then what is holding this place from being ready?
I may not be able to answer the above questions to those who are not born again, but my heart tells me first, that heaven is indeed ready for those who are ready... I also believe that the level of our walk with God here is a very unique indicator to whether heaven is ready to accommodate us. If we allow Him work in us and through us, we are being prepared for the place. I therefore, know that when He says, He goes to prepare a place for us - I know for sure, He wants to prepare us for the place. Only the wise will understand.
God is in heaven now, the seraphs and cherubs are there with Him and it is conducive. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and this should tell us something. Don't have the picture that heaven is undergoing construction - No!. He who made all things to be by the word of His power will not be looking for engineers to help Him build our abode over there. He is going to prepare a place appears to me, as a couple who is expecting a baby, they have a home already, they may just be putting things in place to receive the baby.
What then is this preparation?
Jesus said to her, 'Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father, and to My God and your God.'" - John 20:17
The preparation to me was definitely the sufferings, the preparation was the Lamb being taken to the slaughter, the place He has gone to prepare was mainly to reveal the Lamb who was already slain from the beginning of the world (Rev 13:8). He has gone to prepare a place for us and the place is made ready because our sins have been remitted by the shedding of His precious blood.
Do not let anyone teach you what does not exist in the scriptures, not because they intend to do so; but mostly because they do not know. He has prepared the place, and the place is ready - that is why the thief crucified by His side was assured of Paradise because the place is ready.
Nothing is really delaying other than you believing in the Lamb who is already slain. The Lord is not slack concerning His promises as He doesn't want you to perish; those who are waiting for His coming should stop thinking that it is a construction work that is delaying the second coming of our Lord; that would be undermining the majesty of this great God, that would even becloud your vision of that heavenly home, and what you cannot see, you may not long for. Heaven is ready!
WHO IS EXPECTING?
"and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately." - Luke 12:36
"But if that servant says in his heart, 'My master is delaying his coming,' and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk." - Luke 12:45
To believe in His second coming is always to be expectant, and expectation brings about preparation; a person who is expecting our Lord will make sure his or her garments is ready and that there is no stain of iniquity in his or her garment. Such a person does the things that the master has commanded and always willing to be ready. The truth of the matter is that, the person who is expecting the Master does not really do it out of fear, but do so because there is a reward that comes to that faithful servant.
It is only the unfaithful that are not expecting Jesus, it is only carnal men that have plans beyond the second coming of Christ... It is not a lack of ambition that makes us expect Jesus as some would think, as there is no greater ambition than that which longs to dwell in heaven, to behold the beauty of our Lord, and to fellowship at His feet, to bow, to worship, to be awe-struck by His majesty. There is no higher calling.
If only in this life, you seek a legacy, if only in this life all your toils are for; you are indeed of all men most miserable. The truth is, I cannot transfer this Holy passion of His coming to you, as it is solely a blessing of the Holy Spirit, who has warmed my heart with the glimpse of His appearing - but I can only write these words, to stir up your heart, and to motivate you to seek this blessedness from the Holy Spirit. What He does for one, He will do for all who desire.
"so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation." - Heb 9:28
If only for those who are waiting, the Lord will surely come, if there are those who eagerly wait for Him a second time, He will show up to them. Let it be stated clearly that, whether we wait or not, it is sure that the Lord will appear; but it is a blessing to that man who is expectant. The matter of His coming cannot be left to coincidence or fate - it is our responsibility to decide whether we are waiting or not.
Apostle Paul talked about those who love His appearing, there are those who want Christ to wait and delay His appearing and there are those who are eager for His appearing. My ambition is too little and will count for nothing when He comes. I don't know the class you belong to, I cannot choose for you - but I am sure that Christ wants us all to be eager for His appearing. If we wait, our lives will not be on hold here, but we will just not become unnecessarily satisfied with this earth of vanity.
To be expectant is to be on the narrow way, to be expectant is to be separate from the world, as we are waiting and on the way, we have all in this life here; as He Himself has given us all things that pertains to life and godliness. Will you not decide to wait with me?
THOSE WHO COULDN'T WAIT
"But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope." - 1Thess 4:13
"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep." - 1Thess 4:15
Maybe some people have stopped believing in the second coming of Jesus because their parents died while waiting, it has been a long time since they started talking about His second coming and He has not come and those who waited then have died. Please, do not be ignorant about this matter, death is not the final. Those who have slept in the Lord are still waiting for the trumpet to sound.
Death is too little to stand as an hindrance to those who wait for the second coming of our Lord. Those who have fallen asleep will also experience the rapture, we will all be caught up in the air. Where do the dead go now? May its the question that comes to mind - and that may be a topic for another day, but let it be clear now; that to inherit the incorruptible body, everyone who has waited will be caught up the sky even the grave will give up the dead.
One very important thing of note is that, no one can decide to wait while he is already dead, the dead cannot make a decision, in fact, the dead knows nothing; and you must know that. It is while you are alive that you can decide to wait - such a decision cannot be made when a man is dead. Those who didn't wait, have tied their fate to doom already, and those who waited and slept, are still waiting for a new body.
"So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: 'Death is swallowed up in victory.'" - 1Cor 15:54
Those who wait are waiting to be changed into the incorruptible, no longer will our flesh struggle with cravings of the flesh - it will be a total victory over the power of the flesh. We will put on the new body, and this is one of the reason why we wait. Death is no barrier to that Christian who has decided to wait for the appearing of the Lord.
Do not have regret for that Christian who have slept, do not sorrow for that pastor who is no more, lest you sorrow as those without hope....there is a hope for those who have slept in the Lord. For some people lose hope when their breadwinner or loved ones die, weeping, they may not have another to look unto, but the believer shouldn't lose hope. God will always be with those who are dependent on Him in this life and even in death; for nothing can separate us from the love of Christ.
I have not forgotten that this is about His coming, but if there be any consolation or wisdom to those who are still here, who may think that all hope is lost for that Christian who is gone - then ignite your hope. The dead in Christ shall rise to be with the Lord.
CONCLUSION:
Quickly He will come, to take us to the place He has been preparing us fo, that matter has been settled since. His death, crucifixion and ascension has prepared the place for those who are eagerly waiting. Those who waited and slept are also not left out.
God bless you and I love you
Akinsuroju Femi
© The Fundamentals
Comments
Post a Comment