KNOWING GOD
"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgements and His ways past finding out!" - Rom 11:33
No description of God is sufficient or accurate to tell of His being, from the beginning, the world has been on a quest of finding out who God is, and really no one has come to a full comprehension of the person of God. If we know this spiritual being in full, then He is not worthy to be our God!
The believer's life can be summed up in the quest of finding out who God is. We sometimes would disagree on His nature, some would feel He isn't merciful, some would confuse His judgement and His mercy...but it is important to let every man know that the level of our revelation is proportional to our level of adoration or worship. What we have of Him convincingly forms the element of our worship. What we know of Him is the bedrock of our faith.
Over the years our description of God has just been mere comparison with what should not be, we have said over time that 'God is greater than', such a phrase should only be used when there is a similar comparative entity... Nothing that exist is comparable to God, In majesty, In nature, in power and in splendor - nothing is comparable to God. Our knowledge of Him is just a very small grasp of His whole!
In God lies the whole existence of man, in Him is the fountain of life...this piece is not just m to increase knowledge as I would not be able to define who God is..but one thing is sure, that a measure of knowledge of Him, is wholesome and needed for proper worship.
WHO'S ASKING?
"And Pharaoh said, 'Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the LORD, nor will I let Israel go.'" - Exo 5:2
Our attitude towards the revelation of God is key to the experience we will have of Him. Pharaoh in himself was a living deity so to speak, and it was strange to this king how a man can be so foolish to talk of a God he hasn't seen. He wondered how Moses could come in with a rod and with such boldness and speak of a God... Pharaoh was right to ask who 'the Lord' is, but his attitude to finding out was wrong.
I see a lot of atheist do the same as Pharaoh in this modern time, because they do not understand the person of God, they launch an attack on Him and query the sanity of those who worship the true God. They find fault in our act of worship and pick holes with their intellect to fault our 'madness'. Then they themselves become fools to say not just in their heart, but openly that there is no God.
Let a man who desires to have a revelation of God not be arrogant about it, the man will do well to admit his ignorance and lack of experience of God. When the Lord started showing Himself to this arrogant man Pharaoh, it was in destruction, when the Lord showed His mighty hand upon this arrogant king...it was for doom that God introduced Himself. It will be too sad for a sinner to get to know God only in hell!
"The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way." - Psalm 25:9
It was this meekness that earned Moses a revelation of God. This moment the Lord desires to make Himself known but what you get to know or see of Him is in direct link with the state of your being. Some have become more confounded in their quest for God.
The evidence of God's existence is rooted in the hearts of all beings, there is no one who doesn't know that there is a supreme being who guides the universe, but it is in arrogance of seeking, that some people get confused and then move on to deny - a fool is then existing.
I know you wonder at the existence of God, but in this quest sometimes faith breeds the knowledge of Him. We may not be fully able to explain the trinity, we may not be able to explain all his works and balance it with science, yet the simplest of wisdom indicates to us that God is immersed in the earth. We only need a heart of meekness to behold His person and His works.
WHO AM I?
"He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?" - Matt 19:15
Other people's description of God will not substitute the place of your own revelation. God seem to be looking out for those whom His person has been revealed to, because if your experience of God is based only on what people say, though that it good, it may be mere pretence sometimes.
If the Spirit of God does not bring a revelation of His person to us, our knowledge of Him will be based on moods and events - but a man who has caught a glimpse of God will ever be broken by His awesomeness. It cannot be faked, only you will know of it. And when you talk of that knowledge, the hearts of men will be quickened because the Spirit will bear witness.
Our prayers will be routine, if we don't seek to know God's person, our worship will be a tolerant test if a vivid person of God has not been sown in our hearts, the Scripture will become tiring and confusing if we don't have a personal knowledge of Him. It is in the depth of our knowledge of Him that we live our lives for him. A child who doesn't know the father will not know what to expect or how to relate.
"He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you." - John 16:14
Flesh and blood cannot give you a revelation of God, but the Spirit of God. The Spirit searches all things, the deep things of God and then makes it known to us. Don't embark on a revelation of God without engaging the Holy Spirit, else you could become confused. It will be an effort in futility.
The person of the Holy Spirit and His workings in us is primarily for the unveiling of the person of God. When His power is at work in us, God becomes more real even to the people around. We must fan the flame of the Holy Spirit, we must guard the fellowship we have with Him - because He is the pointer of God.
I AM
"And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' And He said, 'Thus you shall say to children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.''" - Exo 3:14
The I AM description is still in the present tense today, the I AM God is still responsible for what has been and what is now, He claims responsibility for the heavens and the earth. He is I AM, the only valid God whose past is the same as the present and still would be the same in future.
You need to know God in the I AM form, which is ever a freshness of His being. He is the creator, He is the mighty One, He is the Powerful, what He was, He is now - He is not in versions, what He was in the old testament He is in new - men only found grace to know the I AM God better now.
Anytime Moses called upon God the acts were present, He made His ways known unto Moses, Moses sought to see His glory and indeed He is I AM at all times, times don't change Him, season don't determine Him...He is I AM
"Jesus said to them, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.'" - John 8:58
This Jesus whom we glorify everyday is I AM, in Him consist the Godhead, through Him all things were made and without Him nothing was made that was made. He is great as it were in the beginning. Jesus is not a Being softer in acts or richer in grace. He is the I AM that became flesh. The majesty of heavens is in Him. It is Jesus, the I AM that we proclaim as our Saviour.
It is possible that you have adored Jesus as a Being worthy of love and everything, but have not come to see Him as the Lord of all and the owner of the universe, His acts may be limited in your life then. When I call upon Jesus, I call on the I AM God.
I may not be able to fully explain how the Son of God became the I AM God, but the Spirit of God in me has impressed the reality of this mystery to me that I am not bothered so much about the explanation. My heart believes, my soul responds to Jesus as the I AM and I experience the blessedness of His presence when I worship the Son as the I AM.
AND THOSE WHO KNOW HIM
"Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits." - Dan 11:32
We don't just know the person of God for knowing sake, there is a blessedness of His knowledge, there is a grace of His person, there is a glory that is rubbed off on the person who has seen the Lord. Though we can't know God fully but the little we have seen and handle has placed the believer on a different realm.
God told the children of Israel in Deut 4, that He showed them His person by signs and wonders, that has never been witnessed by any people or race ever before, He did all these things for them to know that there is a God on high who can be so big yet comprehensible in the affairs of mere mortals.
I would like you to draw strength from the knowledge of Him who is most powerful, an experience gained of Him is an instrument of wonders to the children of men. What we know of Him makes every other thing come under our command. I know Him and I know that He is great.
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." - Prov 9:10
Wisdom resides in that person who fears God, understanding is available to that person who knows the Lord, intellect and academics cannot be said to be wisdom. Wisdom is given from Him who is the wisdom of God. The man who knows God has obtained wisdom from the fountain.
He has continued to corrupt the wicked with flattery that they do not know they are on slippery grounds. He has continued to corrupt them so that they have vain confidence on temporary things. They have become wicked and everyday are doomed for destruction. But those who know their God are for signs and wonders.
The Lord seek men who He would use in this end time and it all comes from our availability to know God in Spirit and in truth.
CONCLUSION: Don't be arrogant while seeking God, don't do it with the wrong motives. If you engage the Spirit of God, the I AM God will be make Himself real to you and you will become an instrument of signs and wonders.
God bless you and I love you.
Akinsuroju Femi
© The Fundamentals
No description of God is sufficient or accurate to tell of His being, from the beginning, the world has been on a quest of finding out who God is, and really no one has come to a full comprehension of the person of God. If we know this spiritual being in full, then He is not worthy to be our God!
The believer's life can be summed up in the quest of finding out who God is. We sometimes would disagree on His nature, some would feel He isn't merciful, some would confuse His judgement and His mercy...but it is important to let every man know that the level of our revelation is proportional to our level of adoration or worship. What we have of Him convincingly forms the element of our worship. What we know of Him is the bedrock of our faith.
Over the years our description of God has just been mere comparison with what should not be, we have said over time that 'God is greater than', such a phrase should only be used when there is a similar comparative entity... Nothing that exist is comparable to God, In majesty, In nature, in power and in splendor - nothing is comparable to God. Our knowledge of Him is just a very small grasp of His whole!
In God lies the whole existence of man, in Him is the fountain of life...this piece is not just m to increase knowledge as I would not be able to define who God is..but one thing is sure, that a measure of knowledge of Him, is wholesome and needed for proper worship.
WHO'S ASKING?
"And Pharaoh said, 'Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the LORD, nor will I let Israel go.'" - Exo 5:2
Our attitude towards the revelation of God is key to the experience we will have of Him. Pharaoh in himself was a living deity so to speak, and it was strange to this king how a man can be so foolish to talk of a God he hasn't seen. He wondered how Moses could come in with a rod and with such boldness and speak of a God... Pharaoh was right to ask who 'the Lord' is, but his attitude to finding out was wrong.
I see a lot of atheist do the same as Pharaoh in this modern time, because they do not understand the person of God, they launch an attack on Him and query the sanity of those who worship the true God. They find fault in our act of worship and pick holes with their intellect to fault our 'madness'. Then they themselves become fools to say not just in their heart, but openly that there is no God.
Let a man who desires to have a revelation of God not be arrogant about it, the man will do well to admit his ignorance and lack of experience of God. When the Lord started showing Himself to this arrogant man Pharaoh, it was in destruction, when the Lord showed His mighty hand upon this arrogant king...it was for doom that God introduced Himself. It will be too sad for a sinner to get to know God only in hell!
"The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way." - Psalm 25:9
It was this meekness that earned Moses a revelation of God. This moment the Lord desires to make Himself known but what you get to know or see of Him is in direct link with the state of your being. Some have become more confounded in their quest for God.
The evidence of God's existence is rooted in the hearts of all beings, there is no one who doesn't know that there is a supreme being who guides the universe, but it is in arrogance of seeking, that some people get confused and then move on to deny - a fool is then existing.
I know you wonder at the existence of God, but in this quest sometimes faith breeds the knowledge of Him. We may not be fully able to explain the trinity, we may not be able to explain all his works and balance it with science, yet the simplest of wisdom indicates to us that God is immersed in the earth. We only need a heart of meekness to behold His person and His works.
WHO AM I?
"He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?" - Matt 19:15
Other people's description of God will not substitute the place of your own revelation. God seem to be looking out for those whom His person has been revealed to, because if your experience of God is based only on what people say, though that it good, it may be mere pretence sometimes.
If the Spirit of God does not bring a revelation of His person to us, our knowledge of Him will be based on moods and events - but a man who has caught a glimpse of God will ever be broken by His awesomeness. It cannot be faked, only you will know of it. And when you talk of that knowledge, the hearts of men will be quickened because the Spirit will bear witness.
Our prayers will be routine, if we don't seek to know God's person, our worship will be a tolerant test if a vivid person of God has not been sown in our hearts, the Scripture will become tiring and confusing if we don't have a personal knowledge of Him. It is in the depth of our knowledge of Him that we live our lives for him. A child who doesn't know the father will not know what to expect or how to relate.
"He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you." - John 16:14
Flesh and blood cannot give you a revelation of God, but the Spirit of God. The Spirit searches all things, the deep things of God and then makes it known to us. Don't embark on a revelation of God without engaging the Holy Spirit, else you could become confused. It will be an effort in futility.
The person of the Holy Spirit and His workings in us is primarily for the unveiling of the person of God. When His power is at work in us, God becomes more real even to the people around. We must fan the flame of the Holy Spirit, we must guard the fellowship we have with Him - because He is the pointer of God.
I AM
"And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' And He said, 'Thus you shall say to children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.''" - Exo 3:14
The I AM description is still in the present tense today, the I AM God is still responsible for what has been and what is now, He claims responsibility for the heavens and the earth. He is I AM, the only valid God whose past is the same as the present and still would be the same in future.
You need to know God in the I AM form, which is ever a freshness of His being. He is the creator, He is the mighty One, He is the Powerful, what He was, He is now - He is not in versions, what He was in the old testament He is in new - men only found grace to know the I AM God better now.
Anytime Moses called upon God the acts were present, He made His ways known unto Moses, Moses sought to see His glory and indeed He is I AM at all times, times don't change Him, season don't determine Him...He is I AM
"Jesus said to them, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.'" - John 8:58
This Jesus whom we glorify everyday is I AM, in Him consist the Godhead, through Him all things were made and without Him nothing was made that was made. He is great as it were in the beginning. Jesus is not a Being softer in acts or richer in grace. He is the I AM that became flesh. The majesty of heavens is in Him. It is Jesus, the I AM that we proclaim as our Saviour.
It is possible that you have adored Jesus as a Being worthy of love and everything, but have not come to see Him as the Lord of all and the owner of the universe, His acts may be limited in your life then. When I call upon Jesus, I call on the I AM God.
I may not be able to fully explain how the Son of God became the I AM God, but the Spirit of God in me has impressed the reality of this mystery to me that I am not bothered so much about the explanation. My heart believes, my soul responds to Jesus as the I AM and I experience the blessedness of His presence when I worship the Son as the I AM.
AND THOSE WHO KNOW HIM
"Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits." - Dan 11:32
We don't just know the person of God for knowing sake, there is a blessedness of His knowledge, there is a grace of His person, there is a glory that is rubbed off on the person who has seen the Lord. Though we can't know God fully but the little we have seen and handle has placed the believer on a different realm.
God told the children of Israel in Deut 4, that He showed them His person by signs and wonders, that has never been witnessed by any people or race ever before, He did all these things for them to know that there is a God on high who can be so big yet comprehensible in the affairs of mere mortals.
I would like you to draw strength from the knowledge of Him who is most powerful, an experience gained of Him is an instrument of wonders to the children of men. What we know of Him makes every other thing come under our command. I know Him and I know that He is great.
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." - Prov 9:10
Wisdom resides in that person who fears God, understanding is available to that person who knows the Lord, intellect and academics cannot be said to be wisdom. Wisdom is given from Him who is the wisdom of God. The man who knows God has obtained wisdom from the fountain.
He has continued to corrupt the wicked with flattery that they do not know they are on slippery grounds. He has continued to corrupt them so that they have vain confidence on temporary things. They have become wicked and everyday are doomed for destruction. But those who know their God are for signs and wonders.
The Lord seek men who He would use in this end time and it all comes from our availability to know God in Spirit and in truth.
CONCLUSION: Don't be arrogant while seeking God, don't do it with the wrong motives. If you engage the Spirit of God, the I AM God will be make Himself real to you and you will become an instrument of signs and wonders.
God bless you and I love you.
Akinsuroju Femi
© The Fundamentals
Comments
Post a Comment